Criteria for obtaining a dog license is as follows:
- The dog owner must live in the City of Coeur d’Alene.
- The dog owner must provide proof of the dog’s effective vaccination against rabies before a license is issued and must maintain current vaccination protection during the period of the issued license. A rabies vaccination tag shall be attached to and displayed with each dog’s license tag.
- If the dog is altered, documentation must be provided to obtain the license rate for altered dogs.
- The dog must be at least six months old.
- The dog license is valid for at least one year from the date of issuance. Within a thirty day period following the renewal date, each dog owner must renew his license by paying the license fee as indicated.
- A dog owner may purchase a dog license that is valid for three years from the date of issuance if the owner has records showing the dog received its first rabies shot after puppy shots and the first rabies shot was given at least one year before the time of issuance of the license.
- Upon payment of the license fee, a license certificate and metallic tag for each dog so licensed will be issued. The tag shall have a stamped number that corresponds with the number on the license certificate. Every owner will be required to provide each dog with a collar and tag to which the license tag must be affixed and constantly worn. If the dog tag is lost or destroyed, a replacement will be issued upon presentation of a receipt showing the payment of the license fee for the current year and an additional payment of two dollars.
- Dog tags shall not be transferable from one dog to another, and no refunds shall be made on any dog license fee because of death of the dog or owner leaving the city before the expiration of the licensed period.
1 Year Altered: $10
1 Year Intact: $ 20
2 Year Altered: $20
2 Year Intact: $40
3 Year Altered: $30
3 Year Intact: $60
Click Here to see a list of animals impounded by Coeur d'Alene Police in the last five days.
Citations must be paid for at the Coeur d'Alene Police Department. We accept only cash, cashiers checks, or money orders.